Sunday, October 23, 2011

England Part:1

     Before Jason and I got married we knew we wanted to plan a trip to go back to England, where he served his mission. This plan remained to be just talk for quite a while. Earlier this year we realized it would remain talk unless we took action and just booked tickets to go. So for a couple of months I watched  several airlines for their prices to England. The prices would go way up then somewhat down. Finally, one day when I checked just to see, the price was lower than I had ever seen. So we did it, we booked them!! The timing of our trip was very important to us as well. Coincidentally, we got married during fall break. So this was not only a great time to take a vacation, because of the break from school, but it would also be on our anniversary. It sounded perfect to us! Once the tickets were booked we discussed everything we wanted to do and see. I wanted to see everything from Jason's mission and we also wanted to tour all the sites. We were so lucky to have great people to stay with. They were all so warm and welcoming to us. It was great to meet everyone and see who Jason's families were while he was in London. We feel so blessed that we were able to do this. It will be a one year anniversary to remember!
Here are some of the wonderful families we got to spend time with...

The Saab Family
 Kassinen's
 The Mitchell's
A flat Jason lived in, in Slough.  (3rd floor)
 This is Elder Deal. Jason trained him right before he came home. It was so great to meet him!
 Jason lived in this flat right about the wedding store ;)

...ThE SiTeS...
 Windsor Caste
For those of you who don't know, Jason LOVED living in Brixton. It has a similar feel to the Bronx maybe? Kind of a rough part of town haha. Jason loved it so much he wants to name his son after it. Even though it wasn't the prettiest city I had already agreed to this for him. So I attempted to find some signs that say Brixton that hopefully one day we can put up in a little boy's room. 


This is just a huge lion at Trafalager's Square that tourist take pictures on. So naturally we had to do it too.





 Hyde Park

 Big Ben

 The London Eye
 London Bridge

 Buckingham Palace
Harry Potter's Platform 9 3/4 

Jason had been waiting for so long until he could eat a Kabab again!
I was a slacker at taking pictures on our actual anniversary. We were so worn out from traveling. Our anniversary was on the last day of our vacation. We decided to spend it in heart of London. We shopped, saw any sites we may have missed, and then found a great little Italian bistro on the street that had amazing food! While walking afterwards we saw a street vendor making belgiam waffles. I have always wanted on of these! So we thought it would be a perfect dessert for our day. Hot waffle+chocolate+pistachio ice cream= AMAZING! I was in heaven. I can't wait until I get to have one again ;)
Happy Anniversary to Us!!

More to come from the countryside....




1 comment:

  1. What an amazing trip. I bet it was so neat to see Jason's mission, especially since you'd probably heard about a lot of the families from his letters. I know when we visited Ty's mission is was such a special experience for us. I'm so glad you guys were able to share that together!

    And I love that you plan to name one of your son's Brixton, I'm a huge fan of names with meaning so I think that's awesome. Love and miss you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete