Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

      This year Jason has decided that Thanksgiving is his new favorite holiday. Here are his reasonings...You wake up and go play football for a few hours then go home and nap, shower, go to eat dinner, watch football, relax, eat some pie, you don't have to buy a ton of presents, and you give thanks for all the great things we are blessed with. After making his argument I think I might have to agree with him, somewhat. As wonderful as Thanksgiving is NOTHING, for me, can top Christmas. I do love that we have a holiday where we eat and give thanks. That is a much needed day. I could use more Thanksgivings in my life to stop and just focus on everything that I am blessed with.
     We had a great Thanksgiving this year. Jason played and watched a ton of football and we ate until we were more than stuffed. We had dinner with my family this year. But on Thanksgiving evening after dinner we drove down to St.George to meet up with the Hanks family. They left on Wednesday to head down there so we met up with them Thursday evening. Right when we arrived I met up with the girls to do some black Friday shopping. I think I'm gonna need a re-do of it next year. They all went to Walmart at 10pm and had a great time. I didn't get there until close to midnight so I met up with them in the line at Khols. Kohls was kind of a let down. Next year I want to do Target! We'll see though ;)
    The weather in St.George was wonderful. A little chilly but much better than here. Our weekend was full of shopping. We shopped til we dropped, and I loved it! It was so fun to spend time with family and enjoy the new house Hanks recently bought.  We can't wait until next Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of Audrey when she was awake. Obviously she is very tired here after a long Thanksgiving. She came in the cutest outfit, I had to take a picture. Her Grandma Diaz stitched her the cutest booties to go with her outfit. She looked darling!

One night we went to Tuachan to look at the lights, see Santa, and watch a nativity play. It was a blast!




Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment