Friday, April 13, 2012

Jason's Birthday!

    On April 9th Jason turned the big 2-3! He's not into celebrating his own birthday but I made sure it was a fun weekend. His birthday was on a Monday which was kind of a bummer because we both had to work all day. Because of this I decided to start celebrating his birthday on the Saturday before. Jason hates surprises or anything extravagant, so I planned somewhat of a mellow but fun night for him. I made a reservation for dinner at Market Street Grill. We love that place and hadn't been for a long time so I thought it would be a good choice. After a yummy dinner and dessert we headed to Fat Cats for a little bowling. I didn't tell Jason that his good friend Christian and his fiance Hannah were going to bowl with us, so when we got there it was a nice surprise for him. We had a blast bowling with them! (Thanks for coming guys!)






     Jason's birthday didn't end there. On Sunday we first headed to my parent's house for a little Easter egg hunt. My mom made it really fun and the prizes were great! Thanks mom! Then we headed to Jason's parent's house to celebrate Easter and Jason's birthday. Korby had a cute cake made up with Ty and his picture on it to celebrate. Tyler's birthday was in March but he lives in Arizona so it was fun to be able to celebrate both birthdays on Easter. (Except when Ty blew out all the birthday candles......;)




    Since Monday was Jason's actual birthday I still wanted to do something to celebrate. So I arranged to go out to dinner with our families. We went to one of Jason's favorite restaurants, Biaggis. It was so fun to have both of our families at dinner with us. We wished Jason's siblings could've made it too. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture....oh well. I think Jason had a great birthday weekend!

     Since this is Jason's birthday post he deserves to be bragged about ;) We have celebrated 7 birthdays together now! When Jason and I went out to dinner for his birthday we reflected on the ways we had celebrated in the past. We have had many great memories together. It's fun to look back on and see how we've changed and how different our lives are now than they were when we first started dating. We have been married a year and a half now and time is flying! I wouldn't say that things have been smooth sailing for us but I could honestly not be happier than I am right now. And it's all because of Jason. I truly am so blessed to have him! His dedication and "work hard" attitude blesses our life daily. 

     Yesterday was a terrible day for me. I had a really long hard work week that was wearing me out. On top of that I have been trying to map out future plans for myself, I had a math test that I had studied for hours for and I felt like I failed, at some point I needed to work on my church lesson, the dishes needed to be done, the laundry was piling up, and I felt more overwhelmed than ever. This week wasn't the worst thing in the world, I was honestly just feeling sorry for myself. Jason also had school until 9pm so I just wanted to sit and do nothing while I waited for him to come home. I found some chocolate and watched a little grey's anatomy and sulked haha. When Jason came home he talked to me about all my frustrations and kept asking me what he could do to help me. He even watched the end of Grey's with me, which he doesn't like very much haha. Before Jason left for work this morning he gave me a kiss goodbye and told me to do nothing today but relax. Then he told me that I didn't need to worry about cleaning our condo because last night after I fell asleep he tidied up a little. I was sleepy so I just said okay. When I got up and walked into the living room I realized how much cleaning he did. He cleaned the kitchen and living room! It made me feel so much better to have those chores out of the way. That was so sweet of him to take a few things off of my plate so I could feel less stressed. I really love this guy! He is always looking for ways to make me happy. I am truly BLESSED! I love you Jason, I hope you had a great birthday and I can't wait to celebrate many more! You deserve the best!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Love you guys, you are so cute. Happy belated Birthday Jason!

    ReplyDelete