Sunday, April 15, 2012

Why our Patio??

      I like to use this blog as our scrapbook/journal. I'm not very good at keeping either of those so I figure this can cover for those. I often include small things that have occurred in our lives so we can look back on and remember.
     Jason and I are concerned about the location of our patio because it seems to attract visitors. Right now we are a little weirded out but I figured in the future we can look back on our young married days and have a good laugh about our experiences in our first home.
    Our patio seems to be the place to visit if you are a scary creature. A while back we caught the wonderfully gross Jerusalem Cricket......(It's so disturbing to look at it. I hate it!)



      Today I was up bright and early so I got up made some breakfast and just relaxed until I needed to get ready for the day. I was enjoying my Sunday morning, then Max needed to be let out. I opened our sliding glass door and there was a large animal sitting on our step ladder. I jumped and screamed, Max jumped, and the animal jumped and fell of the ladder and hid under our grill. I think I scared him just as badly as he scared me. I hurried and locked the door (who knows what this animal was capable of) and ran to wake up Jason. I didn't know how to explain to him what I saw so I just said you have to wake up because there is a large animal on our patio! (He is such a trooper when it comes to these types of things, I hate spiders and so Jason often comes homes to cups on the ground where I have caught a spider for him to kill. It's a lot easier to throw a cup on it than my own hand!) Jason was so confused but got out of bed to see what on earth I was talking about. He was pretty amazed that a MUSK RAT was stuck on our patio! Well we caught the poor little guy in Max's kennel and set him free by the stream by our condo.


 Max is thinking"no way, I'm not going out there again"

 Caught!
Set Free!

       The Jerusalem cricket was far more scary than this musk rat. I CANNOT stand any bug, so that oversized monster was terrifying! I would rather have a musk rat any day over that horrifying bug. But we find it a little funny that these odd creatures seem to make their way to our patio...no one elses. We've been making guesses today for what we think will come visit us next. The creatures seem to go up in size each time so my next guess is a goose...maybe even a small deer? Who knows, we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment